Every scholarship holder is obliged to announce the exact date of his/her arrival. This shall be done via e-mail (ceepus-incoming@saia.sk), not later than one week before the start of the stay.

After having started the mobility it is necessary to ask the coordinator for the Confirmation on the beginning of the stay and deliver it to the SAIA office. Based on this document the scholarship can be paid out. The document has to be issued on the letterhead of the host university and confirmed by the mobility coordinator or International Relations Office of the university. The confirmation must contain: scholarship holder’s name and surname; the exact date of the beginning of his/her scholarship stay; name, surname, position and contact details of the person who issued and signed the confirmation. The signature must be original, not a copy or scan!

NOTE: The scholarship holder is obliged to deliver the Confirmation on the beginning of the stay, and ask for the scholarship payment, within 5 days at the latest from the starting date. If this obligation is not fulfilled, the scholarship might not be paid out.

 

The scholarship is paid in monthly rates only. The first rate is paid at the beginning of the stay, other monthly payments are organised usually at the beginning of a calendar month. With regard to the scholarship payment rules, we kindly remind everyone to bring necessary amount of money to ensure a comfortable start of the stay to cover all necessary expenditures at the beginning of the stay (accommodation, administrative fees and food for the first few days).

 

Scholarship rates in Slovakia

BA/MA student: 280 €/month

PhD student: 470 €/month

teacher: 470 €/month

 

Methods of scholarship payment

1. Bank transfer

If a scholarship holder has a bank account in EUR currency within the SEPA system (Single Euro Payments Area, www.ecb.europa.eu), the scholarship can be paid directly via bank transfer. The scholarship holder should send the Slovak National CEEPUS Office the bank account information, (please use this form), together with Confirmation on the beginning of his/her scholarship stay.

Please, note that National CEEPUS Office is sending scholarships only to bank accounts registered in SEPA countries and that the bank account should be also denominated in euro currency. If it is denominated in other currency, exchange differences and fees related to scholarship transfer or currency exchange may occur, and the scholarship holder shall pay them.

To open a bank account in Slovakia, you need ID or passport. The opening of the account is for free, the fee per month for the maintenance of the account varies from bank to bank. For students, there are also student accounts which are exempt of monthly fee for maintenance. Opening the bankbook is for free for everybody, so this might be the easiest way.

The list of banks in Slovakia can be found here: http://www.sbaonline.sk/en/banking-sector/banks-in-slovakia/

2. Payment by the host institution

In some cases, scholarship holders can also be paid the scholarship from the funds of the host university. It is necessary to ask the coordinator directly whether it is possible.

3. Payment by the Slovak National CEEPUS Office (SAIA, n. o.)

Scholarship holders attending universities in Bratislava, Banská Bystrica, Košice, Nitra, and Žilina can receive their scholarship in person at the SAIA office. In this case it is necessary to arrange the exact date of the payment with the respective person in the SAIA office, at least two days in advance. You can find the contact list at www.saia.sk.

Every scholarship holder is obliged to have his/her ID/passport, Letter of Award and the Confirmation on the beginning of the stay from the host university.

 

Important rules of payment

• students:

  • 1-month mobility – 75% of the scholarship will be paid at the beginning of the mobility and the rest after requested minimum length of the stay (21 days) and submitting Letter of Confirmation confirmed by the mobility coordinator

             *Important: If the first part of the scholarship (75%) is paid to a scholarhip holder in cash in one of SAIA offices, the remaining part of the scholarship (25%) is to be paid in cash at the same office too. 

  • 2-month and longer mobility – in the last month of the mobility, 50% of the monthly rate will be paid at the beginning of the month and the rest after requested minimum length of the stay in the last month (16 days) and submitting Letter of Confirmation confirmed by the mobility coordinator

             *Important: If the monthly scholarship is paid to a scholarship holder in cash at one of SAIA offices, the remaining part of the scholarship (50%) is to be paid in cash at the same office too. 

• teachers:

  • 1-month mobility – for scholarship to be paid, it is necessary to provide minimum 6 lectures within 5 working days up to and including 1 month