The CEEPUS Programme (Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies) is a multilateral international programme supporting the cooperation between higher education institutions from member countries through academic networks.
CEEPUS members are: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and universities in Kosovo.
CEEPUS offers mobilities for BA/MA students, PhD students and teachers of higher education institutions (universities) from member countries. All fields of study are welcome and there are no priority areas.
BA/MA students, PhD students and teachers of higher education institutions (universities) eligible for the programme in their home country can apply for a stay in Slovakia (check the eligibility at your home National CEEPUS Office). Students of the Bachelor´s degree need to have completed at least two semesters by the time of their stay within the CEEPUS Programme. There are two categories of applicants:
• network applicants – applicants whose department/faculty/institution is participating in a network approved within the CEEPUS Programme (the list of all networks is available at www.ceepus.info, see top menu > Network),
• freemover applicants – applicants who wish to apply for a stay from and/or to an institution not participating in any of the networks approved within the CEEPUS Programme.
Note: Scholarships for stays in one’s home country are never permitted!
The programme supports:
• BA/MA student: 400 €/month
• PhD student: 734 €/month
• Teacher without PhD (5-9 days): 367 €
• Teacher without PhD (10 and more days): 734 €
• Teacher with PhD or equivalent (5-9 days): 508 €
• Teacher with PhD or equivalent (10 and more days): 1015 €
Applications are submitted electronically at www.ceepus.info with the following deadlines:
network applicants twice a year:
applicants under the category freemover:
National CEEPUS Office in Slovakia
SAIA, n. o.
Sasinkova 10, 812 20 Bratislava 1
The Slovak Republic
Tel.: 00421 2 59 30 47 35
For more information on how to apply for a scholarship stay in Slovakia, please see the section: Information for applicants to Slovakia.